Monday, August 15, 2011

Trying to get back in the swing of things...

Today was a pretty lazy day for us. We are back home from our WONDERFUL beach vacation. We came home yesterday & I was able to get everything unpacked and put away (Yay!!). Today I picked up around the house & started the standard chore list. I took the kids to the YMCA to give them something to do. I worry about them acting out since we went from having so much to do everyday to "normal" life. The kids and I like to stay busy but it doesn't compare to the beach! :)

Grace is doing fine since being home but David is acting out a little. He keeps asking me if we can go back to the beach. When I tell him no, he asks if we can go back to Nanny & Grandpa's house. This breaks my heart. :( David has been having accidents in his pants since we arrived home. I am hoping that after a couple days, he will settle down & things will go back to normal in the Wagner home.

For dinner, I tried a new recipe: Sweet Ham Steak. It turned out really yummy! The kids were real into it, which I was surprised because they both LOVE ham! I think they were both tired & not into eating. I love to get ham steaks. Winn-Dixie often has them BOGO free. They normally run around $5-6 so they are cheap to begin with so when I can get them BOGO free, I always stock up! I also like them because it isn't a lot of ham. The four of us can usually eat the whole thing at dinner.

Sweet Ham Steak

**I found this recipe on the Taste of Home website. It turned out really good & I look forward to making it again soon!**

1 Bone-in fully cooked ham steak (2lb)
5 T butter, cubed
5 T brown sugar

1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ham steak on both sides; drain. Remove ham.
2. In the same skillet, melt the butter; stir in brown sugar. Return ham to the skillet; cook until heated through, turning often.

No comments:

Post a Comment