Monday, August 29, 2011

Homemade Egg McMuffins

This morning I made a little surprise for the hubby. I found a recipe for making your own Egg McMuffins. The recipe also talked about putting them in the freezer & taking them out when you are ready to eat one. That is my kind of cooking!

Egg McMuffins
**I found this recipe at macheesmo.com. The recipe called for grated cheese but I had a bunch of sliced cheese in the house so I used American cheese singles. I also had some sausage links in my freezer from a sale a few weeks back. I cooked some of them up & put 1 sausage link on each of the 6 muffins. This is a perfect breakfast for the husband. Before he runs out the door to work, he or I can heat one up & go!**

12 English Muffins
12 Large Eggs
10oz Cheese, grated
Butter or olive oil (optional)

1. Grease muffin tin lightly with oil spray or butter.
2. Crack an egg into each muffin tin. Bake in oven set at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
3. Toast English muffins.
4. Add cheese and an egg to half of a muffin. Apply the top half of the muffin. Add a tiny smear of butter onto the top half of the muffin if you would like.
5. Stick back in the oven for 5-10 minutes until they are warmed through and the cheese is melted.
To Freeze: Don't stick back in oven. Place all on baking sheet and put them all in the freezer, uncovered and unwrapped. Leave for 1 hour. Pull them out and wrap individually in plastic wrap or foil and store in a freezer safe plastic bag.
To Reheat: Heat frozen in oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.



How my eggs looked after coming out of the oven. I tried to scramble three of the eggs to see how they would turn out. I prefer my eggs scrambled.



12 Egg McMuffins ready to freeze. The 6 on the left are egg and cheese. The 6 on the right are egg, cheese & sausage.




I wrapped all the sandwiches up individually with plastic wrap. I then (to save space in my small freezer) divided the sandwiches up & put the 6 egg and cheese muffins in one of the English muffin packages. I put the 6 egg, cheese & sausage muffins in the other English muffin package. I put a label on them & stacked them on top of each other in the freezer. Easy & doesn't take up much room in my freezer! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment