Friday, August 19, 2011

Honey Pizza Dough

Today Justin had the day off. We took the kids swimming at the YMCA & then ran some errands. Fun!

Justin wanted to have a "Guys Night" with David so the two of them went to the Birmingham Barron's baseball game. Justin & David had a "Guys Night" last year & David just loved it. He talked about their night for months. I am excited to hear all about the game in the morning. Grace & I had a "Girls Night In". She didn't have much of a nap today so she was pretty lazy and tired this evening. She had a bubble bath (all to herself) & then we snuggled on the couch watching Tinker Bell (her favorite movie right now).

For dinner, I made homemade pizzas. I found a recipe for Honey Pizza Dough. David LOVES honey right now! He is constantly asking me for honey sandwiches. When I found this recipe I knew it was David's kind of pizza!

Honey Pizza Dough
**I found this recipe at simplebites.com. The recipe makes 4 portions...it is meant for freezing. I split the recipe in half (since I had never made it before) & we ate one pizza & I put the other dough in the freezer for another day.**

1/2 cup warm water
2 T dry yeast
5 cups bread flour
1 1/2 cups cool water
2 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil
2 T honey

1. In a large bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer, stir the yeast into the warm water until dissolved. Let stand.
2. Add the flour, the cool water, salt, olive oil, and honey into the yeast mixture. Knead with a dough hook for about 5 minutes or by hand for 7 minutes.
3. Place the dough in a large greased bowl and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Allow to rise for 30 minutes.
4. Punch down dough and divide into 16 portions (for individual pizzas) or 4 portions (for 16-inch pizzas). Coat each ball of dough in olive oil, wrap in plastic wrap or place in resealable bag and freeze.

To Use: Remove from freezer 8-12 hours before using. Allow to thaw in the refrigerator. Let rise until doubled in size, then punch down and make your pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment