Friday, April 15, 2011

Tornados!

We had some major storms today & tonight. Justin worked late tonight so we all went to the YMCA this morning. We thought the storms were not going to hit Birmingham until late afternoon so we thought it was best to go out this morning.

After the YMCA, Justin headed to work & the kids & I headed to Publix for our weekly couponing trip. While checking out, I could see it was pouring rain. I guess the kids & I were not fast enough. A very nice bag boy offered to help us to our van. As we all walked out of Publix, we could see it hailing!! The hail was probably about half the size of a golf ball. So, the kids & I hung out at Publix for a bit until the rain & hail stopped. We then were able to head home.

By 4pm, the tornado sirens were going off by the house. I grabbed the kiddos & we headed to the basement. I watched some of the legendary, James Spann, & decided the kids & myself would be staying in the basement for the evening. I must say, I am so thankful we have a basement. Not only do we have a basement, but we are blessed enough to have a TV with satellite & a DVD player. The kids are really into Disney's Tangled right now, so I popped it in.

We were also lucky not to loose power at all during the storm. I cooked a frozen pizza for dinner & we had ourselves a nice picnic in the basement. :)

The kids were really good & somewhat excited about being in the basement. The kids do not spend any time downstairs, so they were excited to be in a new place & able to explore a little bit. We stayed in the basement until Justin got home at midnight. By the time he was leaving work, the storm had pretty much passed. We moved the kids upstairs & thanked God we made it through the storm without damage. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment