Thursday, March 10, 2011

David's Birthday Dinner

Whenever I ask David what he wants for dinner, his answer is always PIZZA! So, I wasn't surprised when that was the answer I got for his birthday dinner. :) Luckily, I had all the ingredients in the house.

We made homemade pizzas & for a special treat, ate dinner in the living room watching a movie (we watched Bambi, his birthday present from Daddy & Mommy).

Pizza Dough
**This recipe is from a Gordon Ramsay cookbook. We gave this cookbook to my brother for Christmas & he made the pizza dough & loved it. This was my first time making the dough & I thought it was very easy to make & turned out to be a hit!**

3 c bread flour
1 T olive oil
1 tsp yeast
1 c warm water

Dissolve yeast in water & let sit while mixing other ingredients. Mix flour & oil with dough hook in mixer on medium. Add in yeast mixture. Mix until it form a ball. In bowl put in olive oil & cover dough with oil. Put towel over dough & let rise until double in size (about 1 hour). This recipe makes 2 large pizzas!

Note: We used store bought pizza sauce (I always keep it in my refrigerator). I used a 8 oz bag of shredded mozzarella cheese from my freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment