Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

We started Mother's Day weekend with a double header of Moody t-ball. Grandpa & Nanny met us at the ball park & we all got to watch David play some ball.

After the game, we all headed south to Montgomery. The guys dropped us girls at home & they took the kids to the grocery store. Mom & I got to sit on their back porch & have a glass of wine. I really enjoyed the 45 minutes of quiet! :)

Grace on the way to Montgomery with her special drink Nanny bought for her!


Once the guys & kids got back from the grocery store, we all went to the pool in Grandpa & Nanny's neighborhood. The water was VERY cold! The kids got in & loved it, even with their teeth chattering!

Justin had been planning all week a meal to serve the Mommies. The guys cooked for us Saturday night & it was sooooo yummy! We were brought a shrimp appietizer while still on the porch with a fresh glass of wine. We started the meal with a tossed salad (on cold salad plates!) My hubby is so cute! We then were served steak, scallops & a baked potato. YUMMY! For dessert, we had angel food cake with fresh strawberries!

Mother's Day was a nice day! The guys cooked us hashbrowns & eggs for breakfast. Mom & I had planned on seeing a movie. The guys sent us to Kohls to browse before the movie. We got so into shopping at Kohls & finding deals, we decided to skip the movie & continue in Kohls & make a trip to Target. We did a little damage but it was nice to go shopping without the kids & get to enjoy the shopping trip.

For a early dinner, the guys grilled ribs. Again, a VERY YUMMY meal! It was such a fun weekend. It was nice to have some time away from the kids & spend some quality time with my Mom but it was also nice to still have those fun moments playing with the kiddos. I love being home with my kids & wouldn't trade it for the world!



Playing in the sprinkler & duck tub.
(This used to be the bath tub for the kids when they were infants. It made a great pool, even though only one could fit in it at a time)!




As the Wagner clan got home, I realized I went the whole Mother's Day without getting a single picture of myself with my kids! Bad Mommy!! I love taking pictures of my kids (because they are so cute) but I am rarely in any pictures. I'm fine with that but I was wanting to get a picture today. Oh well, tomorrow's another day!





Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommies out there! I hope you enjoyed your day as much as I enjoyed mine!



No comments:

Post a Comment