I got an awesome recipe from my brother! I just had to try it right away!! Jim said he cooks the pork in his crock pot Saturday night, all night. In the morning, he shreds the pork & adds the BBQ sauce & then lets it cook for a little bit more. By the time football is starting, his pulled pork is ready to snack on for the rest of the day. Genius!!
**I got his recipe from my brother, Jim. It turned out so good! I did not include the onions or cloves. I think this may become a big hit on Sundays while watching the Carolina Panthers play football!**
4lb pork roast
2 onions, sliced, divided
1 onion, chopped
5-6 whole cloves
2 cups water
16oz bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
salt & pepper
1. Place one sliced onion at the bottom of crock pot.
2. Stud pork roast with cloves and season with salt & pepper.
3. Place roast in slow cooker on top of the sliced onion. Cover with the second sliced onion and add enough water to fill crock pot 2/3 of the way.
4. Cover and cook on low 8-12 hours.
5. remove roast. Remove and discard cloves, bone and fat as well as any water, onions and grease remaining in pot.
6. Use a fork or fingers to pull roast apart and shred.
7. Return the pulled pork to crock pot. Mix in the chopped onion and BBQ sauce and cover.
8. Heat on high 1-3 hours or until onions are soft.
I cooked my roast Saturday night. Once I returned home from church, I shredded the pork & let the pork & BBQ sauce sit in the crock pot on "Keep Warm" for the rest of the day. Justin was working today so we didn't eat the pork until dinner time. It was delicious!